Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

A Few Good Jewels

Usually when I take photos of my jewelry, it's all clumped together in a small ingredients dish or dozens of strands hanging from the same three wall hooks, which is how they hang in real life - no very good for preservation or for sharing my collection. This time I decided to remove a few of my favorite pieces from the clutter to share. 


I have several vintage necklaces that I've collected over the years at various consignment shops and flea markets. This one here that this owl so beautifully displays is really unique with the white and Easter-egg colored jewels. 







Here are a few more vintage finds. The necklace came from the Brooklyn Flea in Williamsburg in NY, the falcon-esque brooch from the Portobello Road in London and the nautical hoop earrings are my late grandmother's.








These purple jars are vintage too, but the rhinestone bracelets are brand new and made by a very talented lady - my mom! More on the that later... 





Recently I started collecting vintage Italian micro mosaic pieces - pins, brooches and lockets.






Not vintage, but very new. The top pendant with the stones is by the fabulous young jewelry designer Lauren Wolf. If I had more mula, I'd buy many more pieces. The emerald-colored pendant was a recent birthday gift from some of my best friends is my Isabel Marant, a favorite fashion designer. 



Remember those rhinestone bracelets a few photos ago? Well that was just a little preview of the many types of beautiful bracelets my mom can make. Over the years she has desinged and hand beaded bracelets and necklaces, putting in hours of time and creative effort, sometimes working on a pieces for over 40 hours before she deems it complete. And look at the results!



I stuck a few in bouquet, they blend in beautifully!











19 comments:

Olive said...

The Italian pieces are gorgeous. I love vintage jewelry too.

Unknown said...

Every one is a true gem...
and we can never have too much..
Lovely..

poppilinnstudios said...

Your jewelry is gorgeous! Love it displayed in the flowers. Very nice.
-Lynn

Emilie's daughter said...

This is lovely indeed and to have a jewelry designer in the family must be very useful. All is gorgeous and I love it. I would also have use for that pretty owl... Have a nice weekend! Christa

Red Rose Alley said...

Andrea,
I loved this jewel post, as I have a thing for jewels too! Those mosaic pieces are so unique, and I'm in love with the bracelets your mom made and those purple bottles! These pictures really bring out the colors and designs in the jewelry pieces. Thanks for sharing your favorites with us. Your mom can take beautiful pictures AND make jewelry - so talented!
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

LV said...

I too love jewelry. Have some nice pieces I do not wear much anymore. I truly am in awe over some of yours. Each piece so unique and lovely. Wear them and enjoy.

Meri said...

Love your grandmother's hoop earrings. Your mother's bracelets. And those little Italian mosaics are really intriguing. What a stash of great stuff!

Nancy said...

I love sparkly things! These are gorgeous! :)

Honey at 2805 said...

What beautiful vintage pieces you have. Thank you for sharing your treasures at Potpourri Friday!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

So many beautiful pieces and you have done a great job photographing them! Gorgeous colors!

Anonymous said...

Your PINK is very pretty!
thanks for sharing...and HAppy PINk SatURday!

ciao bella.
Creative Carmelina
xo

valerietilsten59.blogspot.com said...

You will never be short of finding that something special to wear Andrea.. Your mum is certainly talented.. It seems you both are..
Lovely photos of some great pieces of jewlery.
All unique .. a great collection.

I am very fond of Thomas Sabo and his collections.. i have a couple of his pieces..

Happy sunday
val

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Andrea Sweetie...
Oh I am so happy to have found you through PS. I so enjoyed my visit today. I love seeing your beautiful shares.

Your necklace that you shared displayed on your owl is DDG. I love that. How pretty it is. Love the beautiful shape of the stones and the colors they used. We don't see much of that today.

Your Momma's creations are so gorgeous. She does a beautiful job. What gorgeous colors and shapes. I loved seeing this share and they were so pretty even added to your bouquets. Love that little punch that they brought to the photo.

I am your newest follower, and I can't wait to see what you share next. Country hugs, Sherry

Kris Yackel said...

Your pictures are flawless, as usual. I too have a few of your mother's beaded pieces which I guard with my life. Just this weekend I was looking at some small raku ceramic pots I made about 10 years ago that she beaded over being careful to reveal the glaze underneath through her beading patterns. "Vintage" Laura!

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Oh wow! Your vintage jewelry collection is beautiful - even the new ones!!! :) Thank you for sharing such a lovely beauty!

Hugs,
Jessie

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful jewlery! Happy Pink Saturday! ~Diane (I am #21)

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

What a lovely selection of jewels! And how fortunate you are to have a jewelry maker/designer at your disposal. lol

By the way, my three-year-old granddaughter was sitting on my lap while I was reading your post. As I was scrolling through, she exclaimed, " Oh, Grammy! So bootiful!" ;)

Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. I enjoy having you participate in the fun.

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Wow! What beautiful pieces...and more beautiful photography. I love the pieces draped amongst the flowers.
Thank you for telling me about this post. Those Italian pieces do look like the same type of work that is on my whatever it is! lol The guitar shaped piece is so adorable. Doesn't the work amaze you?
I love vintage jewelry as well and have pieces displayed throughout my home in random places. They aren't expensive, just sentimental as they were all inherited.
My Mom makes jewelry also...not like the ones your Mom made, which are stunning, but more simple pieces. We do have a very well known jewelry designer in our family though! She's too distant of a relative to me so I don't know her, just more of her!

Thank you again for sharing this!

Monica @ Happily Playing with Dishes said...

You have a beautiful collection and your photos are fantastic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...