Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Fiesta, fiesta continues....

Andrea neglected to mention in her post about Fiestaware that she only has two dinner plates because they don't fit into her kitchen cabinet. They usually only use the lunch or bread and butter plates at that tiny table. New York City kitchens can be a real challenge!

At the Cottage I have several tables I can use, a few outside setting areas and a lovely dining room table. The colors at the cottage are soft and pretty, pinks, greens and creams so I like to use the pastel Fiesta for the tables. And like most people who have Fiestaware I like to mix and match.




The tablecloth is a Pottery Barn outlet find and the sweet napkins were stitched up by my dear friend Rita. The silverware and glasses are from my favorite discount store Target.




The hydrangeas are in a tea pot which was $5.00 thrift store find, the lid was missing but it makes a perfect little vase. This is close to being the last hurrah for the hydrangeas, they were glorious this year, I will be so sad to see them go.





All clean and ready to go for next time!

Please make sure you check out our tea time giveaway going on thru August 31st.

A side note: Andrea is on hurricane Irene watch, she is on the very edge of the evacuation zone in her area of Nolita in NYC. She has several friends that are in the evacuation zone and they will squeeze into her little apartment. I'm saying prayers and hoping storm blows out to sea. Will keep you posted on how she weathers the storm.

7 comments:

a2susan said...

I was wondering about Andrea, hope she remains outside the evacuation zone and that she stays safe and dry.
I'm sure you're worried about her, too.

Monica @ Happily Playing with Dishes said...

Hi again. Fiesta just goes with everything, doesn't it? Thank you for following. Hoping the storm weakens and everyone stays safe. Looking forward to reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures. Maybe I need more colours in my home:-)

Regards from Sweden

Kathy said...

Oh this is so special! I just love Fiestaware! The tablecloth is magnificent! Love everything about your tablesetting - so glad I stopped by!
Thoroughly enjoyed my visit,
Kathy

Kris Yackel said...

It's Saturday night and I'm thinking of Andrea, sending those high and dry vibes! Love the colors of the Fiesta and the 60's flashbacks that comes with it. I made my first sculpture in 2 years this week. I'm feeling better!

Simple Home said...

I love the beautiful fiesta ware you've shared here. I have a few pieces by a company called Metlox Pottery that has a similar look to Fiesta ware. I bought them when we were newly married. The company was in Manhattan Beach, and was going out of business. I've kept them all these years, because I just love their colors :)
Blessings,
Marcia

Unknown said...

WOWZA! What beautiful pictures - so bright and cheery. I want a better look at the french doors!
Thank you for popping by my place!
Kerry at housetalkn.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...