Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Traffic stoppers

While Andrea is still dreaming about Vespas and cute foreign guys, I'm dreaming about vintage cars.  You can't live in Michigan and not love cars! I'd love to have a vintage car. Notice I said vintage and not old, I have an old car with 190,000 miles, Andrea calls it jinky, a close cousin to junky. I was hard pressed to pick out my favorite car at the recent Charlevoix car show.  It was a beautiful day, the cars were shined and ready for viewing........


 The car show was in the park, if you got tired of looking at the cars you could turn to your left and look at the boats in the marina.


  Ford classic cars are always a fan favorite.



Look at the fins on that car and it is so shiny I can see myself.




The gentleman that owned this car said I'd never get this car's true color in a photo. He was right it had glimmering metallic paint that does not quite show up, but it was still a beautiful shade of pink!!!



Look at the chrome on that beauty!


 How cool are these people they have a pink truck!


It is always a beautiful day in Charlevoix!

7 comments:

Kris Yackel said...

Wow! How fun is that! When I was in college I occasionally took my aunt's HUGE yellow Cadillac to Mankato. The best thing was, I could even parallel park it!

KP said...

I'll take the big black shiny Cadillac....it's the perfect accessory for cruising up to the golf course or showing up for dinner in style. Oh wait, we always walk to dinner in Charlevoix. Great Pictures!!!

Cottage Guy

BPodob said...

Cool cars - looks like all the neighbors had lots of fun and the cars themselves - right out of last night's episode of the Mecun Auto Auction.

mim said...

Oh drool. I like old cars, especially the 1950s. That's probably because my dad was so crazy about his 1952 (?) 2 toned Chevrolet. Thanks for sharing the cars.

Gypsy Heart said...

LOVE, love vintage cars! Thanks so much for sharing this. I'd love the red one...

xo
Pat

Lilla Blanka said...

Wow!
I must admit that I'm not that interested in cars but that old red Ford is absolutely amazing!

Lovely blog!!!

xo
Mia

a quiet life said...

love your blog, both your pics make for a dynamic duo and fun topics~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...