Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

A comfortable shoe thing!!!!

While Andrea is in the fashion capital of style, clothing and everyones favorite thing, shoes! I'm still at the cottage, where to me comfort is king! Those cute leopard oxfords that she has would not last very long at the beach or in the yard covered with grass stains. In the summer Teva flip flops are the way to go for me. I can garden in them, walk into town and run down to the beach. I keep them in a vintage egg basket by the back porch, no need to worry if they get rained on.

And the cute little blue flats, I got those on my last trip to NYC when then the shoes I brought with me were giving me a blister. I think there was eye rolling going on, Andrea's comment, "well they are serviceable". Daughter translation, I can't believe she is buying those! 




More eye rolling on these I'm sure, they are my Bogs boots, great for gardening in the northland. They are insulated and good in weather down to 40 degrees below zero, keeping my feet warm and dry. For early spring planting and fall clean up they are must, great for sloshing thru wet snow too!




When I go to New York City to visit Andrea it seems like I always get the extreme weather usually in the form of a monsoon! So being the good daughter that she is, Andrea keeps rain boots there for me. I had a cute pair of Marc Jacob rain boots with yellow soles (they did not have any pink) but on the last trip they sprung a leak! So yes, I packed them in my suitcase and now they are serving as a planter for some white petunias. I think I will have to follow Andrea over the cliff and break down and get some Hunter wellies or another pair of Bogs ! Tell us about your favorite pair of shoes or boots.


 P.S. Mom translation for "impractical shoes" how the heck are you going to walk in those things for blocks and blocks! And I really do like those leopard oxfords of hers, if only we lived closer.......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I have them in leopard:-) Thank you for your comment and I will try to write my blog in both swedish and english (bad english:-)Please join me as a follower and I'll do the same for you and put you on my bloglist. Nice with people who don't live in Sweden.
A hug from Sweden.

Elna

a quiet life said...

cute shoes, i need me a basket now for my garden clogs i leave at every door :)

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Hi Laura...
My favs are my Mephisto sandals...pure joy for my tired old feet! Love what you did with your Mark Jacobs...:)
BTW,I have a daughter in NYC as well!
Have a great week...
Laura

KP said...

All I know is either way, keeping you guys I'n shoes is a full time job! Great photos again.!!

Cottage Guy

Zim said...

I have a pair of "Mary Jane" Crocs. They look silly but my feet never hurt after a long day of walking or hours in the library or archives. I try to alternate days when I need to wear "socially acceptable" shoes and days when I don't!

Highpoint Circle said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. New visitors just always make me smile. Your blog is lovely and doing it with your daughter is hearwarming too. Your photography is wonderful. What camera do you use--I'm in the market for a new one.

Highpoint Circle said...

Forgot to be a follower earlier so I stopped in again to do that. Have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...