Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies

You might remember the other weekend I baked a cake for a family dinner at my sister's house. I also made Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies for the chocolate lovers in the family. The cookies are easy to make but a little fussy because you have to chill the dough, roll them into balls and then chill them again. However, they were worth the effort.






The cookies are a Martha Stewart recipe click on the name for the link to this yummy recipe
 Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies. They only make 2 dozen cookies so you might want to make a double batch, trust me they will go fast!




They go great with a cup of tea and if you eat one for breakfast you have all day to burn the calories right? What are you baking this week?





17 comments:

Barbara F. said...

I want to bake these! Needto go shopping for some ingredients! xo

Emilie's daughter said...

Ahhhhhhh - I would like to bite into one of these goodies! Is there a recipe??? Your photographs are great! Christa

Emilie's daughter said...

Sorry Laura, I just found your recipe... Thanks so much!

Olive said...

They look yummy. I am not baking anything-summer clothes seem snug...ugh

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

They look melt-in-your mouth delicious!

Jenn Gray said...

they look SO good. I can almost smell them.

Cottage and Broome said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debra said...

Laura, these cookies look really yummy. I think gingerbread are my favorite cookie. Which flavor predominates? Are they chocolate with a little ginger, or ginger with a little chocolate flavor? I'm sure either way, they're delicious.
Deb

Elaine said...

Those look delightful! So glad you shared!

valerietilsten59.blogspot.com said...

Laura,
Oh, my gosh.. how can you tempt us with such delicious cookies.. i wish i could just take one and eat it.
great blog
thanks for sharing
val

momto8 said...

they look way worth the effort!!

Madelief said...

Hi Laura,

Your cookies look absolutely delicious. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

Happy new week,

Madelief x

Ivy and Elephants said...

Wow! Do they really come out this way? My cookies always look a little "homemade". Yours can be in a magazine! I'll have to give them a try. Thanks for sharing them.
Hugs,
Patti

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow...those look so yummy! Thanks for the recipe.
Hugs,
Cindy

Ivy and Elephants said...

They ARE just as good as they look, and they are a feature this week at WIW! Yummy! Please come by and grab a featured button.
Hugs,
Patti

Kris Yackel said...

Yum Yum!!! Crazy Martha does it again. I see "Ginger" in the ingredients. Must be good for you, also!

Love,

Kris

Ellie said...

It's me again :)
I just scrolled down after reading your last post and found this recipe. All I can say is yummy - Ive bookmarked it so I can make them. Thanks for sharing :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...